In this two-day course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. This course gives participants a hands-on approach to learning new lifesaving skills. The Standard First Aid course is geared towards educating citizens about the prevention of emergencies and how to react to an emergency should one arise.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Head, Spine and Pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding Management and Shock
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Airway and Breathing Emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED training
- Secondary Survey
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Poisons, Substance Abuse and Misuse
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
This course is approved federally by Human Resources Skills & Development Canada (HRSDC) and provincially by each applicable WSIB/WCB. The certification is valid for three (3) years from the date of course.
Rescue 7 Inc. Recertification Policy
Rescue 7 Inc. Regulations state that:
- Your certification must still be valid on the date of recertification- no exceptions.
- Current certification must be from the Rescue 7 Inc.
- Recertification can only be taken once, after which time you must register for a full course